6 Nights - 7 Days
Meghalaya, one of the most beautiful states of the country has surprises in every nook and corner. Swiftly flowing streams and crystal-clear rivers meandering through the hilly tracts with innumerable cascading waterfalls and serene lakes provide for stunning sights.
In this trip, you are going to explore off the beaten tracks in Meghalaya. Travel to the less explored destinations and enjoy the exotic nature.This offbeat trip to Meghalaya will not only take you to these less travelled places but also give you authentic experiences of the Khasi lifestyle and cuisines. The memories will be forever and experiences will be of a lifetime.
- Travel along the gorgeous landscape of Meghalaya and visit the beautiful Umiam Lake.
- Explore the beautiful waterfalls and caves of Cherrapunjee.
- Visit the whistling village of Meghalaya.
- Visit the cleanest village of Asia
- Visit 2 of Meghalaya’s most enchanting waterfalls.
Day 1: Guwahati Station/ Airport – Shillong
Pickup from Guwahati and drive to Shillong, the beautiful town of Meghalaya. Enroute, stop at the beautiful Umiam Lake (Barapani). Overnight stay at a hotel in Shillong.
Day 2: Shillong – Cherrapunjee
After breakfast, drive towards Cherrapunjee, which is one of the wettest places on planet earth. Enroute, visit the magnificent Laitlum canyons. The sublime beautiful hilltop offers a breathtaking view of the gorges and steep winding stairways that snake their way down to the lush valley. You can get a bird’s eye view of entire Shillong from here. Also, visit the Smit village. Smit is the traditional seat of power of the HimaKhyrim, a sub-tribe of the Khasis. The village also has a traditional house, the Ling Shad that belongs to the King of the Khyrim and is believed to be more than 100 years old.
After that, drive towards Cherrapunjee.
Day 3: Cherrapunjee Local Sightseeing
Spend the day in Cherrapunjee and explore the grand waterfalls and the mysterious caves. At night, enjoy stargazing in the clear skies of Cherrapunjee.
Day 4: Cherrapunjee – Kongthong
After an early breakfast, drive to Kongthong, located in East Khasi Hills. Kongthong is an interesting place. Known as the whistling village of Meghalaya, in this village, every person has a tune associated with them along with their names.
Explore the village, interact with the locals and listen to ‘jingrwai lawbei’ or the tune. Stay overnight at a homestay in Kongthong.
Day 5: Kongthong – Mawlynnong – Dawki
After a mouthwatering breakfast, you will drive towards Mawlynnong, which is the cleanest village in Asia.
Later visit the Single Living Root Bridge in Riwai village and the balancing rocks.
After that drive towards Dawki where you can boat in the crystal-clear waters of Umngot River. We will camp beside the river at Dawki for the night.
Day 6: Dawki – Krang Suri – Shillong
Post breakfast, take a boat ride to the mouth of the Umngot river. You can also enjoy some water activities like cliff jumping and kayaking.
After enjoying your day at Dawki, start towards Jowai to visit one of the most magical waterfalls – Krang Suri Waterfall. After that, drive back towards Shillong for overnight stay.
Day 7: Shillong Local Sightseeing
After an early breakfast, you will go for Shillong Sightseeing. Shillong is a beautiful town and you will visit the famed Barapani or Umiam Lake, the Elephant Falls, the Shillong Peak, Lady Hydari Park, Wards Lake, Cathedral Catholic Church and the Golf course among others.
Day 8: Depart from Shillong
Post breakfast, bid adieu to Shillong and leave Meghalaya towards Guwahati with loads of fond memories. You can also arrange your return flight from Shillong.
6 Nights – 7 Days
+ 5% GST
- Accommodation on Double/ Triple sharing basis on Standard Category Neat & Clean Hotels & Homestays.
- Meals on MAP (Breakfast and Dinner daily) basis,
- All local transport and sightseeing as per itinerary on Sedan/ SUV/ Tempo Traveler as per group size.
- All road tax, toll and parking, driver charges,
- Bonfire at Shnongpdeng
- All necessary permits,
- First Aid Kit Box in vehicle.
- Well experienced and enthusiastic Trip Leader.
- Monument & Others Entrance fees & local guide charges are excluded if required.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft drinks & porterage,
- Wi-Fi, Room Heater, etc. charges as may be applicable.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Anything which is not included & mentioned in the ‘Inclusions’ shall be considered as Exclusions.
Know Before You Go
- Airfare to the starting point of your trip and back is not included in the cost.
- Liability for change in itinerary due to reasons beyond our control like change in flight and train schedule; cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc. will not be accommodated in the cost.
- The vehicle for sightseeing is available on an itinerary basis only, and will not be on disposal.
- ExplorEarth reserves the right to rearrange or change the itinerary for any reasons that are beyond control like Natural calamity, weather conditions, road block, vvip interference, political manifestation etc.
- The tour takes place through an Eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.